Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Things are a bit settled for the moment. After several difficult surgeries and procedures, Randy is a bit settled and somewhat stable. They have inserted a feeding tube, as they say that nutrition will play a HUGE part of the healing process. They are also going to perform a tracheotomy sometime in a little while, and move his breathing aparatus to his throat. To me this seems like a good sign. He had a brain scan this morning and the Dr. said that the results from it are "ok" indicating that he had hoped for better, but was still somewhat pleased that it was not worse. Barbara got the nurses to turn on the music for him. I just know this is gonna help. We are not sure how much his inner brain is hearing, and the Dr. has told us that he will have no memory of this, but we all seem to believe that his soul can hear us talking to him, and our prayers and words of encouragement.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE, who have held my hand, heard my cries, prayed for us, and helped in so many ways. Amber is in charge of handling telephone numbers and internet tech info. She is working on some scheduling and calendars, visitation, and making sure I have the things I need that will help me rest when I can. If you have phone numbers to contribute, or e-mail addresses to add to our contact list, please call her.

Love to all, and will update more later.
randyqsgirl

No comments: