Monday, March 31, 2008

Hello Everyone,





Just a quick note to let everyone know how much we all appreciate Paul Goad and Matthew Wolfe for putting on a FANTASTIC Benefit Concert. The show was a huge success, and a GREAT time was had by all! Also, thank you to everyone that helped with posters, flyers, decorations, dinner and such. It was a very special day in my life, one I will NEVER forget! A special thank you goes out to ALL of the musicians that came and played for us. And also, thank you to Joye Myers for staying with Randy during the benefit. RANDY AND I WILL NEVER FORGET, AND SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, WE WILL FIND A WAY TO PAY IT FORWARD!!




If you missed the concert, you missed a great event. Thanks to Lonzo Lasiter (ENMU) for recording over EIGHT HOURS of video. Lonzo and Matthew are in the process of putting this footage to DVD. Many of you have asked to get a copy of it. I am not sure at this time, but I think we we will be selling these videos with the proceeds to go to the Randy Miller Expense Fund. I will post more details on the videos when I get them.





Also, Debbie McBride is currently accepting donations for the Randy Miller Benefit Garage Sale. We are planning to have one huge garage sale, as soon as we can get enough stuff together. We don't have a date set for the sale yet, because we don't have many items gathered yet. If you have any garage sale items to donate, please let us know. We would be happy to pick up the items from your house! So, take a look around your house, and see what you can dig up to donate to the sale! Feel free to contact me at felisha@portales.com, or call Debbie McBride, or call any family member!





I have some other people I want to thank publicly, so please bear with me at this time.



  • The people I work with at NM Workforce Connection, for being so understanding, and allowing me to take the time off to be with Randy. I know what a hardship this has been, and I appreciate you holding my position for me. Also to Prestige Carpets for being so supportive.


  • Roosevelt County Fire Department-for responding so quickly to my 911 call. (This is NOT the first time I have called on them, and BOTH TIMES they were there in a FLASH!)


  • Roosevelt General Hospital-for the rapid diagnosis, and for getting him to Lubbock in a timely manner.

  • Lubbock Covenent Medical Center and the ENTIRE TEAM of Drs., Nurses, and Staff. They are an awesome team, and were very attentive to all of our needs!




  • St. Anthony's Healthcare - Rehabilitation and Nursing Facility- for making the transistion from urgent care to long-term care possible.


I am sure there are others that I have forgotten to mention, but on closing now, I wish to publicly add the following:


I THANK GOD, EVERYDAY--



  1. That we live in the United States of America, where the technology that saved Randy's life is present.

  2. For blessing Randy and I with an incredible family, extended family, friends, and community.

  3. For the many miracles and evidence of His existence.

  4. For hearing and answering our prayers.

  5. For allowing ME to witness these miracles.


GOD DOES GREAT WORK! Just ask any of us.

Randy is doing well today, and is especially happy when people are visiting with him. It seems to give him the drive to continue. Again, thank you all!

Love,

Felisha

No comments: