Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dear loved ones,
It is through tears of joy that I have the pleasure of letting everyone know that we are making some improvements! Shortly after my last blog, I returned to his room. His sed meds had been down at 20 ccs for about 30 minutes or so, and when I tried to arouse him, he OPENED HIS EYES, and LOOKED AT ME, and showed some recognition. He acted like he knew who I was and was trying to respond, tho he was very, very sleepy. He kept his eyes open for at least 30 seconds or so, and Matt and I could tell that he was understanding at least part of what I was telling him. He yawned hugely 3 or 4 times, and struggled to stay awake. (He is still under a huge amount of sedation, at this time.)

At tonights visit, he would open his eyes, though not quite as awake. However EVERY TIME I call out his name, he would open them slightly for me. He has moved his shoulder around a couple of times. His temperature has remained low all day, as as of a few minutes ago, He felt like he had no fever, but they havent taken it since 4:00.

OVERALL: ITS BEEN A GREAT DAY!!!

Thanks again for the prayers. God is with us, YES I KNOW!

No comments: