Monday, February 25, 2008

Got to see Dr. Smith just now. He says the brain spasms have stopped for now, and we will continue with the doppler scans every other day. He has moved his central IV port to his right side, and that was a successful procedure. He thinks the old port was the reason we are running a temperature, that there is probably some infection there, but it could be any number of other problems. He doesnt seem too concerned about this fever at this point in time. They are now telling me that is ok to try and stimulate him when I am in there. They have his sedation meds down to 20 ccs, (which is still a lot) so he may not be able to respond well to me, but WHEN I TALK TO HIM, I CAN TELL HE CAN HEAR MY VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!! His eyes move as though he is trying to see me. His lips purse somewhat when I touch his lips. (Not quite a kissing motion, but more movement than before.) I take this as a blessing of good news. For the first time I feel like he is responding ever so slightly to my voice, and the dr thinks this is good. BABY STEPS, but its the best news I have had lately!!

Keep Praying.
Thanks Amber!

1 comment:

The Hankins said...

Keep the faith because all things are possible through him. WE LOVE YOU.