Monday, March 3, 2008

Good evening everyone!

I just had the most wonderful visit with Randy!

They replaced the post on his trach tube, and it looks like a good secure connection. His fever is 101. The dr. changed is antibiotic again today. They have ordered him a new bed, as he is getting some bedsores from lying on his back. The new one is supposed to have air cushions that will help him distribute his weight more often. Chesna says she has seen the new beds and they are great. We're looking forward to that.

He has another tiny brain bleed. Again, they have told me not to worry about this, that it was somewhat typical, and that it should take care of itself on its own, but they will watch it very closely.

Better News: He is moving his right hand around very well, as far as the restraints will let him go. He is also moving his right leg fairly well. He doesnt always seem to do it on command, but I KNOW now that it is in response to me, just sometimes delayed.

EVEN BETTER NEWS: He was responding so well with his facial expressions and with his arm and foot movements, that I know for positive that he understands most of what I have told him. I can see by his responses, that when I tell him that I love him, he responds by holding his eyes closed as if to say "I love you, too" He did this same facial response numerous times, so I am very sure that he is understanding and comprehending most of what we say. He would switch from looking at me, to looking at the clock. I'm not quite sure why, if he is not sure about the day, week, month, time of day/night, or just what. I tried to explain everything, but I'm not real sure about his clock question. I know his mind has questions that I haven't heard. And in time, I hope to fill in all the questions with life-long love.
HE SEEMED EVEN MORE LIKE THE RANDY WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE.

They let me have a long visit, because they could see that we were making great strides in communication, and he seemed to be holding up well. As I was leaving they checked his blood sugars. It was a little high, so they gave him some insulin and his tylenol for fever.

Friends, this was the BEST SIGN ever that he is going to pull through. I can hardly stop the tears of joy.

Thanks for the prayers, well wishes, phone calls, and visits. I couldn't get through this without all of you!

Love to all,
Sweet Dreams,
Felisha

No comments: