Monday, March 3, 2008

Morning Everyone,

I tried to stay at the RV this morning and avoid the cold weather, but my heart just wouldn't let me. I remember all the times that my Randy would go out in the cold and start my vehicle for me, scrape my windows, drive me to work, and just overall take super-good care of me. He spoils me! So, I decided to "Miller-Up" and fight the wind and snow to go see my baby. (It's not really all that bad out there) Hope all of you are bundled up, staying warm. I heard you guys have more snow than we have here. Just a light dusting here, but it is still snowing like crazy, but not sticking all that much.

On to this mornings visit. They had some problems with his trach tube this morning. This is not the first issue they have had with it. I got to see his respritory doctor, and he says that Randys NECK is thicker than most...yes I said NECK, not head! The trach tube doesn't quite go in far enough to reach its intended position, so they have ordered a longer trach post, that should reach in further, and secure things in that area.

We got the results from his sonogram. Everything looks good there, gallbladder, liver, kidneys, etc. Found no internal bleeding there. They tested his blood this morning and it is at a normal level, and his blood gases look good.

The lung doctor also came in while I was there. He said his lungs sound clear. He said as far as he could tell, everything appears to be stable.

As for outward appearances...His eyes are open some of the time, and closed some of the time. I can tell by looking at him that all movements are a struggle for him, and seems to wear him out. The nurses told me it was ok to bring in his glasses so he would be better able to focus when his eyes are open. I'm not sure how much it is helping him. We all know how blind he is without his glasses. But it sure helps me to see him with them on! He just looks more like Randy with them on! :)

He is moving his right hand quite a bit this morning, holding it up as high as the restraints will allow. He moved his left hand ever so slightly when I was holding it this morning. No foot or leg movement yet today. As I said, I am just sure that every little movement is a chore for him, so I try not to wear him out by asking him to move around too much. I am so proud of him for putting up the battle that this must be for him. We all know he is a fighter!

Thats all for now.
Thanks again to everyone for everything.
Love,
Felisha

No comments: