Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Newsbreak

For those of us that know Randy well, we all agree that he is NOT a morning person. He slept through this mornings visit. They did another doppler scan, and gave him 2 units of blood (again, this is because he is bleeding internally somewhere, and we aren't sure where). They don't seemed overly concerned about this, as they say it is common with aneurysm patients. They will have the results of the sonogram tomorrow, which should tell us if it is gallbalder----maybe. His fever has been low grade since yesterday. He is starting to swell again, mostly his hands and jaws. At one point they had prescribed Lasix to reduce some of the swelling, but the nurses aide said he was not on it at this time.

When I went in this afternoon, his eyes were open, he seems to be tracking my movements pretty good, but not able to blink on command for me. The nurses aide said he had been "watching her" all afternoon. She believes he can understand what we are saying at this point, but we must remember that EVERY NURSE and EVERY DOCTOR and EVERY NURESES AIDE see a different picture of what is going on.

As for me, I think he seemes somewhat better today.

I still have time for one more visit before they run me off, so I heading back upstairs to see my darlin'.

Love to all,
Felisha

No comments: