Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Morning everyone,

We had a great morning yesterday, he was alert, and turning his head from side to side. Watching everything that was going on. Seemed quite coherent. We were so pleased to see this much progress. Then they moved him to his new air cushioned bed, which is designed to help reduce bedsores. The move from one bed to the next really, really wore him out. He started "hyperventilating", his blood pressure shot up real high, respiration real high, and it took quite some time to calm him down, even with sedation meds. He slept through yesterday afternoon visit and last evenings visit.

Not much new this morning. Still sleepy. He would open his eyes for a second or so, but then drop back out. As I have mentioned before, he is NOT A MORNING PERSON!

The Dr. said we will be doing the shunt operation on Friday. They think his fever is low enough, and unless something changes between now and then, he is scheduled for Friday. Other than that, not much news. The swelling seems to be down somewhat, but while I was in there this morning, they gave him some more lasix to help him reduce more swelling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Felisha: This is from Robbie (KC's sister); KC let me know about the blog & I really appreciate your taking the time to keep folks up to date on Randy's progress. Hope you know that Randy, you, & his family are in my thoughts & prayers. Take care & thanks again. Warmly, Robbie.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have read all of your blogs with great interest because I,too, had a brain aneurysm almost 5 years ago. Dr. Harold Smith was my neurosurgeon and in my book, he's the best. My situation was different from Randy's but I still can relate. I have prayed for Randy, you and your family. I know it is hard having a loved one in the hospital. I noticed you that you mentioned several times about Randy closing his eyes. I still sometimes feel the uncontrolable urge to close my eyes when I have pushed myself too far. It seems that I can handle things better if my eyes are closed. Don't know why. As for the crying, stroke patients cry easily. Some of it might be because of weakness but my father, who also had a brain aneurysm, would cry about sentimental things such as certain kinds of music. I know Randy is experiencing major headaches. I experienced headaches to gradual lessening degrees for 2 or more years. Randy is so fortunate to have such loving and supporting family and friends. Best wishes concerning the fund raisers. There are so many good and generous people in this area. May God continue to bless. Sincerely, Lillian