Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hey Everyone...

I know you're just not gonna believe this, but.....ok, here goes...Randy has been joking around with me ever since I got back from Portales this afternoon! He has been pretending to spit his chewing tobacco/snuff into a trach tube that the nurses let him hold. Eyes just shining, grinning from ear to ear! He is a very happy person right now, as am I!



I really can't put into words, the amount of improvement I can see over the last 24 hours! His facial movements have improved a great deal, and it is just awesome to see him joking around and smiling. He is very glad I am back, and is just clinging to me, and sqeezing my hand so tightly!



As I was leaving the room tonight, I had to restrain his hand to prevent him from accidently pulling on his trach tube. He seemed ok with this. I told him I was going to find something on TV for him to watch while I was gone. He reached out for the remote. I told him he probably couldn't have that, for fear that he would be hitting the nurses call button, instead of the tv button. He shot me a look. So, I asked him if he could see which button was the TV button(remember he doesn't have his glasses on at this point). I showed him which buttons were which, and he gave me the biggest grin, nodded his head and gave me the thumbs up symbol! He knows how to operate the remote! (I have always known that this was a "HARD WIRED TRAIT!") We have just giggled all afternoon! He really, really seems happy tonight. And I am too!



Love you all,

No comments: