Sunday, March 9, 2008

WOO-HOO!!!!!!! Sunday Night

Oh, what an AWESOME DAY! Paul took me over to some friends of his house. They were having a barbeque, and a house full of people, most of which were guitar, mandolin, dobro, fiddle pickers, exept for the awesome flute player, and all of their wives, and some more friends. The music was awesome, and the food delicious. I really appreciate it guys! Wonderful to meet all of you!
And the best part, we went back in to see Randy, and he was very, very alert! He was responding with his eyes and facial expression, and he was totally coherent of every single word we said, for the entire visit. Didn't have to call his name to get his attention. Using his right hand real well. It seems as tho he was asking Paul something we couldn't comprehend. I'm not sure what he was asking Paul, but I do know he was our old Randy throughout the whole visit. Enjoyed a few laughs, and a few tears.
I have told him that he has taken a big bump on the head, and that there will be a few more procedures before we can move some of the tubes out of the way, but we are getting there as fast as we possibly can. I reasured him that we have the finest doctors, the finest family, the finest friends, and the best support available, and that God has pulled us through, and will keep holding us all together. He kissed my hands fingers over and over. He held my hand tightly, he didn't want me to step away from the bed, pulled me back when I went to get a tissue. He reached for my face, and touched my lips. Just an AWESOME thing. We stayed for a good bit, just holding hands, and sharing love.
Paul Goad, aka Pablo-Dude, you are just a terriffic person, and I love you so. I can't begin to thank you enough for all you have done, and are continuing to do for us. I also know that God has made us friends. I can think of no one I would have rather spent this joyous day with, and I am greatful we got to witness the events of this entire afternoon. I am truley honored and proud to call you my friend. God Bless You!
Surgery will be in the morning. Don't know what time, the nurse said she would call if it was the early surgery at 7:30...otherwise, I could call in and find out. Anyway, I will keep everyone posted just as soon as I know.
Love to all,
Thanks for the prayers, I know they are being answered.
Felisha

No comments: