Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Evening

Guess who was already awake when I made my evening visit?? My sweetie-pie! He didnt stay awake long, but was very alert when he was awake. We talked a little about his surgery going well. He held my hand, kissed my fingers, watched some of the Discovery Channel and then nodded back off. I was suprised to see him awake already!

While talking to the nurse, she has indicated that he is now on 2 antibiotics, protonix (to prevent stomach ulcers), and a blood pressure patch.

Everything else is as needed meds. He hasn't had any pain meds or even tylenol in a few days now. Ointment for bed sores, IV for hydration, and his liquid foods, and nothing for the vasospasms. His temperature is 97.

They shaved the other side of his head for today's surgery, so now his incisions include the big one that runs from the top of one ear to the top of the other ear, one on his right side that is almost a 2 1/2" circle from Fridays shunt surgery, and a matching one on the left side from todays shunt surgery. He has only one tiny little sprig of hair thats about 4" long on the top of his head. (I think they could have taken it all at this point!)

It's been quite a day for me, so I am turning in early. Overall it was yet another good day.

Love to all,
Felisha

No comments: