Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Morning

Morning,
Not much news to report yet, they have scheduled the shunt surgery for sometime this afternoon. They said they would call me. His white blood count is better than it has been since he got here. One of the doctors said the swelling was down in his ventricles, and he thought todays surgery would go better. This was the first indication that it was SWELLING that was the problem on Friday's attempt. Anyway, all looks good for today at this point.

Had a good visit this morning. He didn't want me to leave, not even for a moment. Everytime I tried to walk away from the bedside, he would squeeze my hand real tight. Several times he reached up to touch my face. He kissed my fingertips and showed lots of response to everthing around him. He acted inquisitive when the doctors were talking about this surgery. I explained to him that he has a drain tube in his head right now, but we were gonna move it today. I tried not to give too many details, and assure him that this was a good thing, and I trusted the doctors. Overall, it was a good visit.

No comments: